One of the important and mass kinds of a professional etiquette is engineering ethics. As set of the norms regulating behavior of the engineer, it has started to be formed for a long time. Such as norms are included here: necessity to execute the work honestly; to create devices which would be useful for people and would not cause harm; responsibility for results of the professional work; definition of the form of relations (customs and the rules regulating the relations) of the engineer with other participants of process of creation and use technicians.
A number of such norms is fixed in legal documents, for example, in the laws concerning safety issues, intellectual property, the ...view middle of the document...
Their main functions: creation of conditions for formation and maintenance of professional competence (on the basis of informing, dialogue, discussion of projects and problems, development of criteria of estimations of professional work, etc.) Coordination of work of trade unions and societies, maintenance of public relations and the government, assistance to technical education improvement, development of system of the professional values combining freedom of creativity and professional responsibility, creation of socially favorable ethical climate (through formation, the edition of ethical codes, the analysis and an estimation of conflict situations), the edition of the professional literature - newspapers, magazines. They participate in accreditation of universities; their representatives are included into the commissions confirming curriculums and courses, and also in boards of guardians.
The code of engineering ethics is developed by Engineering and Technology Committee; it includes following canons:
1. Engineers put safety as a highest value, while executing the professional duties, health and well-being of a society.
2. Engineers should perform works only within the competence.
3. Engineers should answer inquiries of the public only in the objective and truthful image.
4. Engineers in the professional area operate as devoted representatives or authorized representatives for each employer or the customer and should avoid interest conflicts.
5. Engineers should build the professional reputation on advantages of the service; they shouldn’t compete using dishonest methods.
6. Engineers should operate so that to support and develop cleanliness, honor and advantage of an engineering trade.
7. Engineers should keep the professional development and give possibilities for professional development to the engineers who are under their supervision.
Internal standard documents ВР are continuously improved and finished with a view of adaptation to changing requirements of the business environment and conformity maintenance to these requirements. These documents regulate all significant processes in the company and promote avoidance of conflicts of interests. Now the company has accepted and has begun introduction of the stage-by-stage plan of transition to new philosophy of management of system of internal standard documents which provides transition from 4-urovnevoj to 3-urovnevoj to system of internal standard documents in which basis advanced business processes and reduction of total of internal standard documents will lie. Last edition of the Code of Business Practice has been confirmed on February, 15th, 2011, and last edition of the Corporate standard «Business gifts and hospitality» has been confirmed on January, 19th, 2010.
Responsibility for observance of an ethical policy and corporate standards finally lies on each employee of the company irrespective of a post occupied with it. Thus the company recognizes that its present and...