1. Which of the following choices may lead to competitive advantage (1) new products, services and business models; (2) charging less for superior products; (3) responding to customers in real time? (Points : 1)
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2, and 3
2. An information system can be defined technically as a set of interrelated components that collect (or retrieve), process, store, and distribute information to support (Points : 1)
decision making and control in an organization.
communications and data flow.
manager's analysis of the organization’s raw data.
the creation of new products and services.
3. The three ...view middle of the document...
created a whole new set of skilled jobs in industrialized nations.
allowed skilled employees to move into management positions.
8. What's new in MIS? (Points : 1)
Mobile platforms that compete with PCs
Cloud computing platforms
All of the above
9. Key corporate assets are (Points : 1)
intellectual property, core competencies, and financial and human assets.
production technologies and business processes for sales, marketing, and finance.
knowledge and the firm's tangible assets, such as goods and services.
time and knowledge.
10. Engineers, scientists, or architects who design new products or services for a firm belong to which level of a business hierarchy? (Points : 1)
11. What is the difference between the Internet and cloud computing? (Points : 1)
None – they are the same.
They are not related.
In cloud computing, both information and function are moved to the Internet.
Cloud computing applications do not use browsers.
12. An exponential rate of innovation means that (Points : 1)
the number of new innovations increases linearly.
innovation occurs as described by Moore's law.
as much progress is made in 10 years as the previous 20.
All of the above
13. In a business hierarchy, the level that is responsible for monitoring the daily activities of the business is (Points : 1)
14. The term "management information systems" designates a specific category of information systems serving (Points : 1)