University of Phoenix Material
Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Review Phoenix Career Plan results of Career Plan Building Activity: Work Culture Preference, respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment.
My ideal study environment is a quiet room maybe some music going and not to be interrupted while doing my school work. A place to work with a nice computer desk for my school work zone with a dead bolt on the door so I really don’t have to be bothered while doing my studying.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom.
The two biggest things that might hinder my study progress or my performance in an online classroom is my step daughter’s and my cell phone I know it’s my schooling but I can’t seem to turn off my cell or not talk to my step daughter’s they are just too ...view middle of the document...
My personal learning style affects my study habits in a good way because by not only knowing what they are but how to use them to study can make learning much easier.
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and why they are effective strategies for online learning.
• Share information with other people
• Interview outside sources to learn more of the material at hand
• Use charts , posters, flash cards, and dry erase board to study
• Make study sheets
• Allow myself sometime to reflect after studying
I chose these five choices because they are the ways that will best help me achieve the degree I have been wanting for so long. These are effective for me because of my personal beliefs and needs. They are best suited to help me stay on track with my education.
6. Identify one change you can make immediately to increase the effectiveness of your study habits. Explain how this will help you become more effective.
The one change that I can do immediately to increase my study habits would have to be better time management. This will help me be more effective because I will have a set schedule and not have to sweat being late submitting an assignment or any schoolwork for that matter. By doing this it will reduce my stress level tremendously and this does not just apply to my school work it applies to my everyday life.
7. How does your personal learning style relate to your ideal workplace and your personal work competencies?
They are closely related with each of them going hand in hand. I have set the career I desire with an ideal workplace and I am including my personal learning styles to accommodate the places I would like to work at after college places like Microsoft or Apple would be great for me.
8. How is understanding your ideal learning environment applicable to selecting your ideal workplace?
It is important because I don’t want to study in a loud place if since I like it quite. So it is, basically allowing you to get to know yourself and once you know your personal taste it will help you better plan the plan of action that your best suited for.