University of Phoenix Material
Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment.
I would describe my ideal study environment in my home would have to be in my bedroom with the door close. In my room it also very quiet and always set my mind at ease helping me concentrates on my assignments. I find that when I am comfortable it helps me to focus making me finish my assignment faster.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom.
Some of the distractions that might hinder my study progress or performance from being in an online classroom are: the telephone ringing, talking on the phone, playing on Facebook, helping my nephew with his homework, cooking him ...view middle of the document...
4. How will you apply your personal learning style? How does your personal Learning style affect your study habits?
I will apply my personal learning style to my assignments by firstly; I had to learn what type of learner am I. I found out from the VARK that I can adapt to any learning style. But I think that I am a visual and read/write learner I like the tips that they gave to made me a more effective learner by implementing them. Since I am a visual and read/write learner by highlighting my notes and using charts and writing and rewriting my notes this will reinforce what I have learned.
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and why they are effective strategies for online learning.
Annotation-use your own word, make sure that you write in the margins since this is your notes write what will make studying easier for you. Being able to study and retain information is important.
Focused reading –set reading goals know the purpose of what you are reading.
Effective note taking- Pay attention to what you’re hearing or reading, make sure that notes are organized with details.
Concentration-by making a list of what I am going to do and study at the same time and place will help you concentrate.
Study environment-having a quiet and comfortable place free of distractions.
6. Identify one change you can make immediately to increase the effectiveness of your study habits. Explain how this will help you become more effective.
One change that I can make immediately to increase my study happens is, by taking better notes and studies them more often. I notice from reading this week’s reading that I am spending too much time trying to write down more information from the chapter and not I am absorbing what I am reading. The tips about setting reading goals and annotating will help annotation is kind of hard but I am working on it.