TRIMESTER 2, ACADEMIC YEAR 2012/2013
MARKETING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE STUDENTS
1. Please read this Coursework Booklet thoroughly.
2. The Instructions are stated in detail in this booklet and must be observed. Late assignments will be penalized. The ‘water-marked’ date on the envelope of the assignment sent in by students will be taken as the date of posting.
3. The course-schedule is included in this booklet. You are to follow the course outline stated in this Coursework Booklet.
BMK 2854 INDUSTRIAL MARKETING
1. About the ...view middle of the document...
2. Course Objectives:
• To understand the various concepts associated with Marketing and Information Technology so that one could benefit form the extra power and see the various strategies in play in successful enterprises.
• To appreciate the roles of current and emerging information technology-based marketing that gives the pragmatic players a competitive edge in the international market.
• To understand the roles, responsibilities, managerial issues, standards, socio-political implications, and best practices relating to marketing and information technology and the various approaches and strategies for improving the effectiveness.
• To be able to know and adopt the process involved in planning and setting up a sound IT based Marketing system to give maximum value to the customer, in cyberpreneurship ventures.
• To realize the importance and availability of the various networking options and outsourcing/ franchising opportunities enabled by the development of the NET technology and the WEB as well as other multi media tools that has changed marketing into an interactive customer driven activity.
3. Learning Outcomes of the Subject
At the completion of the subject, students should be able to:
LO1: Explain the concept of market research on Internet.
LO2: Apply the legal basics on online businesses.
LO3: Analyse the new face of advertising and apply the right media for online marketing.
LO4: Identify marketing and business opportunities on the Internet.
| | |
|Text |No specific textbook for this subject, best is to read the recommended books. |
| | |
|References |Students could also read from various references: |
| |Strauss, J. and Frost R. (2009, or latest edition) E-Marketing 5/E, Pearson Education, Inc. |
| |Publishing as Prentice Hall. |
| |Reedy, J. and Schullo, S. (2004) Electronic Marketing: Integrating Electronic Resources into the |
| |Marketing Process, 2nd Ed. South-Western. |
4. Synopsis of Course work:
➢ The course work consisting of 50 marks will be a combination of two assignments, one individual project..
➢ Additional points from journals, books, articles and across the Web for more in-depth justification of the answers to the assignments are welcome.
➢ These assignments are meant to help you to prepare well in...