Q: why your customer like or dislike the use of e-commerce?
E-commerce is the buying and selling of products and services through electronic platforms such as the Internet, email or mobile devices. The expansion of the Internet has contributed to rampant growth in e-commerce. Bata is now using e-commerce on their business, although in other countries Bata started using e-commerce earlier. But in Bangladesh the form of online business not become popular very much. There is certain things e-commerce which customer may or may not like. Customer may like usages of e-commerce; such as
• Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find products.
• Buying/selling 24/7.
• More reach to customers, there is no theoretical geographic limitations.
• Customers can easily select products from different providers without moving around physically.
On the other hand customer may dislike usages of e-commerce, such as
• It take long time for product delivery
• No option for choosing ...view middle of the document...
So basically they don’t need to make any competitive adjustment
• For using E-Commerce Bata needs it equipments & expert peoples to run this operation, This is a new cost along with high info-structural cost
• Government of Bangladesh have lower –moderate rules for using e-commerce & as Bata is a international company so they get some benefits from the government for running their business online
The organization factors also have influence on implementation of e-commerce in the business; we can explain it in our company perspective;
E-commerce offers a level playing ground for large businesses, as well as small and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs) to operate in the global market-place; and for regional businesses and communities to participate in social, economic and make cultural networks seamlessly across overall the local as well as the international boundaries
It equally fosters direct access to distant markets and promotes globalization of commercial activities; and blurs many of the current distinctions between domestic and foreign companies to an extent that it becomes practically impossible to determine the origin of products Bata operate in a number of countries had to adjust their products and services to accommodate the diverse operating environments at a relatively high cost, which the virtual marketplace has reduced.
Bata is an old & renowned shoe company, they have strong organizational structure which is little bit difficult to maintain through online.
For designing a good product catalog & maintain high information structure Bata have to maintain large IT infrastructure. They need multi skilled people for maintain this online business along with physical store business.
Also the business size and a skill ITS department is need for appropriate implementation of e-commerce.
For implementing E-commerce m Bata need skilled, experienced people to main this; also this employees must be knowledgeable about e-commerce & they must know how to fulfill the responsibility to satisfy the customers. This type of employees are asset for a organization & they positively support to implement e-commerce in the business.