Divide by Two By: Francisco Arcellana
Francisco "Franz" Arcellana (Zacarias Eugene Francisco Quino Arcellana) was a Filipino writer, poet, essayist, critic, journalist and teacher. He was born in aka Frank V. Sta. Cruz, Manila. He is the fourth of 18 children of Jose Arcellana y Cabaneiro and Epifanio Quino. He was married to Emerenciana Yuvienco with whom he has six children, one of whom, Juaniyo is an essayist, poet and fictionist. He received his first schooling in Tondo . The idea of writing occurred to him at the Tondo Intermediate School but it was at the Manila West High School (later Torres High School) that he took up writing actively as staff member of The Torres Torch, the school organ.. In 1932 Arcellana entered the University of the Philippines (UP) as a pre-medicine student and graduated in 1939 with a bachelor of philosophy in degree. In his junior year, mainly because of the publication of his â€œtrilogy of the turtlesâ€ in ...view middle of the document...
His man asked senseless, misleading questions, so that he wont hurt Belleâ€™s feelings.
But still he ignored her.
â€œGet off meâ€, he said.
She talked about how their lady neighbor and his lover are being inconsiderate, putting a fence â€” boundary between their lawns even without asking permission from them. Talking about the halves not being halves at all.
Manly thing. That came to the mind of Belleâ€™s chap. Still he disregarded it.
â€œGet off me, get off themâ€, he said.
Of course Belle insisted. So the man did a note; to shut Belleâ€™s mouth.
There, was this thing about their lady neighbor and her very short shorts.
Disrespectful. Perverted. Misrepresented.So their man neighbor went to talk with Belleâ€™s lover. They arenâ€™t very comfortable with each other. They started shouting.
Belleâ€™s man kept on checking on Belle. He, evidently, doesnâ€™t want Belle get on with the fight. But Belle, wanted to, needed to, was supposed to.
So she did.
And no one could simply ignore her now. Her words were loud, overpowering his Manâ€™s disapproval, well deliberated, like an anti-matter ready to destroy. Her man impedes her, other neighbors gawk with curiosity, she continues ..
* an associated melodic phrase or figure that accompanies the reappearance of an idea, person, or situation especially in a Wagnerian music drama
* one that contends with, opposes, or resists
* describes something so sacred or pure that it must not be violated.
* any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God)
* any epidemic disease with a high death rate
* an annoyance
* a sudden muscle spasm; especially one caused by a nervous condition
* A conspirator sneaks around making plans to commit crimes with other people.
* is a natural building material made from sand, clay, water, and some kind of fibrous or organic material .
* A snarl is a facial expression, where the upper lip is raised, and the nostrils widen, generally indicating hate, anger or pain
* Fleeting is an adjective that describes something that happens really fast, or something that doesnâ€™t last as long as youâ€™d like.