Key Personnel Contact Info
Name Title Contact Option Contact Number |
CEO – |
Alternate Email: |
IT - |
Mobile : |
Alternate Email: |
Plan Documentation Storage
Copies of this Plan, CD, and hard copies will be stored in secure locations to be defined by the company. Each member of senior management will be issued a CD and hard copy of this plan to be filed at home. Each member of the Disaster Recovery Team and the Business Recovery Team will be issued a CD and hard copy of this plan. A master protected copy will be stored on specific resources ...view middle of the document...
Fire and smoke detectors on all floors. |
| | | |
Electrical storms | 5 | | |
Act of terrorism | 5 | | |
Act of sabotage | 5 | | |
Electrical powerfailure | 3 | 4 | Redundant UPS array together with auto standby generator that is tested weekly & remotely monitored 24/7. UPSs also remotely monitored. |
Loss of communications network services | 4 | 4 | Two diversely routed T1 trunks into building. WAN redundancy, voice network resilience |
Probability: 1=Very High, 5=Very Low Impact: 1=Total destruction, 5=Minor annoyance
Alert, escalation and plan invocation
Plan Triggering Events
Key trigger issues at headquarters that would lead to activation of the DRP are:
* Total loss of all communications
* Total loss of power
* Flooding of the premises
* Loss of the building
Where the premises need to be evacuated, the DRP invocation plan identifies two evacuation assembly points:
* Primary – Far end of main parking lot;
* Alternate – Parking lot of company across the street
Activation of Emergency Response Team
When an incident occurs the Emergency Response Team (ERT) must be activated. The ERT will then decide the extent to which the DRP must be invoked. All employees must be issued a Quick Reference card containing ERT contact details to be used in the event of a disaster. Responsibilities of the ERT are to:
* Respond immediately to a potential disaster and call emergency services;
* Assess the extent of the disaster and its impact on the business, data center, etc.;
* Decide which elements of the DR Plan should be activated;
* Establish and manage disaster recovery team to maintain vital services and return to normal operation;
* Ensure employees are notified and allocate responsibilities and activities as required.
Disaster Recovery Team
The team will be contacted and assembled by the ERT. The team's responsibilities include:
* Establish facilities for an emergency level of service within 2.0 business hours;
* Restore key services within 4.0 business hours of the incident;
* Recover to business as usual within 8.0 to 24.0 hours after the incident;
* Coordinate activities with disaster recovery team, first responders, etc.
* Report to the emergency response team.
Emergency Alert, Escalation and DRP Activation
This policy and procedure has been established to ensure that in the event of a disaster or crisis, personnel will have a clear understanding of who should be contacted. Procedures have been addressed to ensure that communications can be quickly established while activating disaster recovery.
The DR plan will rely principally on key members of management and staff who will provide the technical and management skills necessary to achieve a smooth technology and business recovery. Suppliers of critical goods and services will continue to support recovery of business...