Components of Curriculum
Components of Curriculum
I. Objectives and Goals:
English is the world's second largest native language, the official language in 70 countries. English can be at least understood almost everywhere among scholars and educated people, as it is the world media language, and the language of cinema, TV, pop music and the computer world.
To improve the learning experiences that is more meaningful and appreciable for student’s wisdom and knowledge by providing to them more activities.
To improve the English language among the students who are not aware to the second language that we have.
To improve the speaking skill, reading skill and writing skill ...view middle of the document...
* Friend (Godofredo Rivera)
* Abad and Azad (Translated by M. M. Flores)
* /ɔ/ and /ow/
* Using Present Tense
* Looking for Grandfather (Emil Francis Flores)
* My Home (Jose Rizal)
* /ʊ and /uw/
* Using Past Tense
* The Little Girl of Hiroshima (Nazim Hikmet)
* The Divine Art of Brotherhood (Andan Misah)
* /p/ and /f/
* Using and Forming Adjectives and Using Determiners
* Science for Peace (Lucio Fernandez)
* The Smiling World (Usman Awang)
* /f/ and /v/
* Comparison of Adjectives and Forming Adjectives through Suffixes
* The Moon and the Lesser Lights
* To Evening
* A Girl in Love
* /t/ and /th/
* /d/ and /dh/
* Simple Past, Past Perfect, Present Perfect, Future Perfect
* To the Philippine Teachers (E. E Schneider)
* Our Misson (Bradford Daniels)
* /s/ and /z/
* Using Adverbs and Adverbial Phrases
* English Belongs to Everybody (Robert Macneil)
* The Day Language Came into my Life (Helen Keller)
* /s/ and /sh/
* Adverbial Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases
* Fighter with a Champion’s Heart (David de Leeuw)
* A Beauty Contest (Homer)
* /sh/ and /zh/
* One- word, Phrasal, and Clausal Adverbial Modifiers
* Eyes (K. T Mohammed)
III. Learning Experiences
A presentation or talk on a particular topic. In this learning experience, the students will learn the nature of the English. Also, the students will learn all the important lessons about the English which can serves as their basis when they will have a demonstration in a particular subject matter.
One-to-one teaching or a small group discussion. In this learning experience, the students and the teacher have a interaction and the teacher can focus to the student who is a slow learner. Also, the students can express their own thoughts if they have a one-on-one lecture.
A particular piece of work of students (album of quotations, poem analysis, book reports and research papers, etc.) In this learning experience the students can show their creativity. And the project of the students serves as their achievement.
A demonstration of particular technique or skill (performance art or fieldwork). Through this learning experience, the students will be able to show their talents in speaking, drama or etc. And also, through demonstration the students will be able to express their thoughts and feelings.
Practical application of particular skill or techniques (role playing, drama, theater, etc.). Through workshops, the students will be able to show their unique talents and share it to others. Also, they can improve more their skills and talents through the feedback that the audience will give to them.