Cross-Cultural Ethics and Social Responsibility
Past events in corporate America have shown destructive effects that occur when the leadership of a company behaves in an unethical manner. Enron, Tyco, WorldCom, and Adelphia are companies whose lack of ethic caused them trouble (Posters, 2003). Good Business ethics and social responsibility contributes to the success and profitability of a company and is good for society.
Funco Toy World Incorporated (Funco) is a toy ...view middle of the document...
d.). Although China has lower standards, Funco will operate its stores in China using its same values and codes of conduct it operates under in the United States while keeping in mind the best interest of stakeholder groups that will be affected.
Funco has two locations in Cleveland, Ohio. At Funco we love children. Children’s toys, from bikes to dollhouses fill our 5,000 square foot family oriented building. Our team culture includes 35 employees. We train our employees to deal with children in all types of situations.
At Funco our customers, employees, shareholders, and communities are very important to the success of our business. We will treat employees and our customers fair and honest, always representing our community in a responsible manner. Our mission to sell the most reliable brands built with the highest quality.
At Funco, respectful employee conduct is priority. We developed a workplace code of conduct so that our employees are clear of the expected behavior in our corporate environment. Our hiring practice, workplace discipline and diversity policies will provide a direct communication of what we expect from the employees at Funco. Employees should be aware that Funco does not tolerate certain actions and behaviors that are unproductive and damaging to the company. These include
* Promote ethical behavior in the work environment.
* Reporting dishonest, unethical, or illegal activities by other employees
* Maintain a safe and drug-free workplace.
* Ensure that the workplace is free from discrimination and harassment and respect diversity and every individual.
* Discourteous treatment of customers
Failing to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The disciplinary process will go as follows:
Step 1: Verbal Warnings
Step 2: Written Warnings
Step 3: Final Written Warnings
Step 4: Dismissal
Funco recognizes that its employees are a huge asset to its company. The goal at Funco is to provide quality and personalized service to our customers. We strive to recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, sex, color, religion, disability, sexuality, age, nor national origin. Funco’s hiring practices are as follows:
* Advertising: Positions are advertised openly to current employees first. Positions posted for two weeks will be advertised to the public.
* Job Description: Job descriptions will be in complete details in writing so that all candidates receive the same information about job requirements. Job descriptions will focus on the necessary skills needed for the position and work performed.