The following word group is a FRAGMENT
1. That movie, one of my favorites. True
2. The local baseball tea, needing a good pitcher most of all. True
3. Using a flashlight, he looked under the bed for his shoes. False
The capitalized verb agrees with the subject
4. Three employees from our company and one from our competitor WAS fired. False
5. Forgot to write sentence. True
6. Six girls and one boy WAS in the dance class. False
Quotation marks are correctly used in the following sentence, the entire sentence is correctly punctuated and all the words are capitalized.
7. “This is a fantastic opportunity”, the salesman insisted. False
...view middle of the document...
When we we’re (A) on our way home, we were (B) eager to get they’re (C). A and C
21. “Put the clothes over they’re (A), “he said. “That is where they’re (B) going”. A
22. When the dog knocked over it’s (A) bowl, the little girl claimed that the dog wasn’t (B) her’s (C). A and C
Which portion of the sentence is followed by a letter that’s not parallel
23. The company president inspired his employees (A), charmed the press (B), and redefined his company’s strategic plan (C). No error
24. The clown juggles (A), make animal balloons (B), and will paint faces (C). C
25. The retired fireman liked fishing (A), to hunt (B), and watching basketball on television. A
Choose the appropriate irregular verb form in the sentence
26. Whenever I ___ to go to the grocery store, I always ___ for fresh produce. Want/Looked
27. In light of recent developments, the company president ___ his position. rethought
28. I was surprised by how successful Janice _____. had become
29. In retrospect, Jason shouldn’t have taken that important business call right after he’d been _____. awakened
30. Investing in pure research ____ yields no immediate profit, can be hard to justify when a company is in financial difficulties. , which
31. I had hoped the police would blame Bruce, not ____. me
32. Some interviews ____ have a clear sense of what they want in an employees, ask very tough questions. who
33. A venture capitalist has to be willing to take risks when ____ invests ____ money. He/she or his/hers
34. Many times people will ask a writer where ____ gets ____ ideas. He/she or his/her
Revise the word group, remove fragments and error
35. I like baseball because it is fun and teaches me about the sport.
36. The White Sox are really good at the fundamentals of baseball. Which is why they won the World Series in 2005. The White Sox are really good at the fundamentals of baseball, which is why they won the World Series in 2005.
Revise the word group, and remove the run-on
37. Studying is hard work many students find they study better when they take regular breaks. Many students find they study better when they take regular breaks.