Ferndale Public Library (FPL)
Prepared for FPL’s Board of Directors
Prepared by Linda Peysar
Date May 7th 2014
FPL is challenged to adapt the new trends and increase its usage by its local residents.
Mission and Vision
FPL needs to generate its operating funds
To reach the provincial averages in circulation per capita 10.75 and Internet service 0.0014 workstations per cardholder
City requires FDL’s key statistic has to exceeding the provincial average.
Prefer to reach the highest level of service at the lowest cost
Believes that investment in ...view middle of the document...
• There is an increase of demand of Internet access since the governments encourage the public to access their service online.
• Cardholder and population growth will remain flat for the foreseeable future
• After recession started, Ferndale’s residents have to make time to visit library
• People download movies from the Internet
Key Success Factor
Current Financial Assessment
Alternative 1 Expand Kent Library
• It will improve the downtown area
• Most of newcomers is settling in Kent library location and FPL has been successful to serve new immigration.
• Kent expansion will receive corporate support in the downtown location
• Kent expansion gives more 5,000 sq.ft space than three branches
• Downtown neighbourhood need Internet access
• City only support Kent operating by $1.1 million from 2013 to 2015 and FPL has to maintain same level of fund by itself
Alternative 2 Build Branches
Small branch will help enhance the relationship between staffs and the locals ...