3 March 2013
Cloud computing is a combination of software and computing delivered on demand, as a service. Its intention is to increase your organizational agility rapidly and cut back on cost of hardware. As all new things, Cloud computing has its pros and cons, but I feel in the long run and if properly used, it is beneficial.
Cloud computing refers to applications and services offered over the Internet. These services are offered from data centers all over the world, which collectively are referred to as the "cloud." This metaphor represents the intangible, yet universal nature of the Internet. The idea of the "cloud" simplifies the many network connections and computer systems involved in online services. In fact, many ...view middle of the document...
A cloud computing solution can help your organization at home or your work achieve multiple benefits, including:
* Faster time to market due to on demand deployment
* Cost Structuring: Predictable operational expenses and IT resources matched to your actual needs compared with implementing and managing excess costs to meet demands.
* Increased productivity due to ease of IT management
* Easy access for approved users from internet
There are many cloud computing companies out there. The few that people recognize are iCloud, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive. However they did not make the 2012 top 10 list. In my opinion as to why is only because they are not quite as user friendly if you are not computer savvy. Once you get acquainted with them, of course they are easy. The top 10 cloud computing companies for 2012 are as follows:
* Zip cloud
I could definitely go on all day about the pros of cloud computing. I think it is a wonderful thing. Some advantages of cloud computing are:
* Efficient storage and computing services
* Easy connectivity to servers
* Assures appropriate use of resources
* Reliable and redundant
* Widespread of geographical precincts
* Environment friendly
As you can see there are many advantages of cloud computing. There are no more worries of computer crashing and the fear of losing all your files or pictures. There are no more going through stacks of paper and files. It can all be stored onto a server in a “cloud”. This technology is a win for everyone.