Chemical warehouse manager INDIA
Ahlers is developing in India its logistics services dedicated to the chemical industry. Logistics services include warehousing of packed chemicals (incl hazardous), value added logistics (like re-packing and drum filling operations) and distribution. As 3PL Ahlers is serving the international chemical manufactures. Ahlers is committed to offer these companies top class service adhering to the (international) safety standards for chemical logistics. To support Ahlers’ growth we are looking for a chemical warehouse manager.
Job description (job purpose)
You will manage the warehouse operations of Ahlers that are subcontracted through 1 or more logistics service providers. Direct investments in warehouse assets may be a next step in Ahlers’ growth strategy. You are the link between the (external) warehouses and Ahlers’ chemical logistics team (sales, customer ...view middle of the document...
3. Work out Service Level Agreements with warehouse partners and customers.
4. Instruct the warehouse partners according to the customers’ requirements. On a daily basis you are responsible that the orders of Ahlers’ customers are communicated to the warehouse partner(s) and reported back to the Ahlers’ customer service team. You keep control over planning and execution of the work from inbound in the warehouse to order preparation and dispatch of goods. You monitor that budgetary targets are met (cost controlling).
5. Follow-up the performance of the warehouse partners through accurate reporting and KPI’s and audits.
6. Follow-up the safety and compliancy aspect of the warehouse partners.
7. Represent Ahlers towards its customers as expert in chemical warehousing (warehouse operations, processes, systems, safety matters).
8. Coordinate the use of warehouse management systems (WMS) with the partner warehouses and translate warehouse processes to IT functional requirements (e.g. for EDI linking).
Desired Skills and experience
(University degree in business, with a focus on supply chain management).
3 to 5 years supervisory or lead experience in a chemical warehousing environment. Chemical warehousing experience is a must.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated supervisory and people management skills (for the scenario of operating own warehouses)
- Safety (and broader HSE) expertise for chemical warehousing; certification is preferred
- Skills to communicate on a professional level with customers.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers is a pro
- Eye for quality in all aspects of your work; quality standards towards partner/suppliers and your work towards the customer
- Proactive and hands-on (you get things done)
- Basic knowledge of tax, excise & related rules, road permits & general warehouse practices as well as prevailing rates (rates related to land, space & labor)
- IT skills – understand ERP concepts and can translate processes to high level functional IT requirements is a pro