Chapter 4 Review Questions
1. Your company has four departments: Marketing and Sales, Manufacturing, Product Research, and Business. Which of the following Active Directory container design plans might you use to best manage the user accounts and network access needs of each department?
a. Create four trees.
b. Create four parent domains in one site.
c. Create four OUs in one domain.
d. Create four trees and map them to four domains.
2. Using the example in Question 1, what Active Directory capability can you use to establish different account lockout policies for each of the four departments?
a. fine-grained password policies
b. lightweight group policies
c. password ...view middle of the document...
a. Windows NT 4.0 Server with 2008 Domain Services installed
b. Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4
c. Windows Server 2003
d. Windows Server 2008
6. Domains in a tree are in a _______________ relationship.
Kerberos transitive trust
7. You’ve installed the AD DS server role, but find that Active Directory is not fully implemented. What should you do next?
a. Use Server Manager to create an AD DS partition.
b. Use Server Manager to create an AD DS security database.
c. Run dcpromo.
d. Designate a global AD DS server.
8. A _______________ is a unique number associated with each object in AD DS.
9. Your school has a parent object named straton.edu and the child object names stratonalum.org and studentarts.org. What kind of namespace is this?
10. Your company’s management has decided that the accounts in all OUs should be set up and managed by the Information Technology Department’s security specialist. As the AD DS administrator, how can you best give this capability to the security specialist?
a. Give her Full Control rights to AD DS.
b. Make her user account a member of the AD DS Admins local security group.
c. Use the delegate control feature to give her control of all OUs that contain user accounts.
d. Give her Accounts Management permissions in AD DS.
11. Name three optional attributes associated with a user account.
Account Holder’s Address
Account Holder’s Telephone number
12. Which of the following are actions performed by the global catalog? (Choose all that apply.)
a. provides lookup and access to all resources in all domains
b. caches IP addresses for all computers in a forest for faster logon
c. stores shared DFS folders and files for centralized shared file access
d. authenticates users when they log on
13. The business manager in your organization is leaving, but she has been training the new business manager who will take over the day after she leaves. What AD DS capability can you use to transfer the old business manager’s account to the new business manager? Note that in this organization, accounts reflect the actual names of users.
a. Use the delete and re-create user account feature in AD DS on the day the new business manager takes over.
b. The only option is to create a new account and then transfer the old business manager’s...