Learning and Your Life
Essentials of Student Success
POWER Chapter One Review > P-O-W-E-R
What are the typical responses to why people go to college?
* Need new skills for a job.
* Want to build a better life for a family.
* Want to have anything better to do.
* I want to get a good job when I graduate
* | I want to get a good job when I graduate. |
* I want to make my family proud. |
* I couldn't find a job. |
* I want to try something different. |
* I want to get ahead at my current job. |
* I want to pursue my dream job. |
* I want to become a more cultured person. ...view middle of the document...
What was it?
* What made the experience successful? What did you learn from your success?
* Think of an experience you had in school that did not go as you had hoped, and briefly describe it. Why did it occur?
* What could you have done differently to make it successful? What did you learn from it?
* Based on these experiences of success and failure, what general lessons did you learn that could help you be more successful in the future, in the classroom and in your career?
What does P O W E R stand for?
* and Rethink
What are critical thinking skills?
* Applying Standards
* Information Seeking
* Logical Reasoning
* Transforming Knowledge
What is the difference between MENTAL and PHYSICAL organization?
* Physical is most involving the mechanical aspects of task completion. For example, you need to ask yourself if you have the appropriate tools, such as pens, paper, and a calculator.
* Mental is accomplished by considering and reviewing the academic skills that you'll need to successfully complete the task at hand.
Define motivation and explain it as it applies to you?
* The psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal.
Working hard to achieve your goals, or to work hard until you reached at your destination.
What is your personality type?
* Visual/graphic learning style
* Auditory/verbal learning style
* Tactile/kinesthetic learning style