Case Study: Hard Rock Cafe - Florence Challenge
Hard Rock Cafe is an international restaurant franchise with a strong internal culture and external brand, and it recruits individuals that fit this unique culture. For its new venue in Florence (Italy), Hard Rock decided to supplement its hiring with Facebook, since traditional channels often proved slow and inefficient for sourcing candidates. Hard Rock not only needed to source 120 server to manager-level positions in four weeks, but also had to find candidates that fit their unique culture.
Converting fans to hires through social engagement and branding
• Hard Rock recognized that its consumers and candidates were often the same person, and launched a multi-faceted Facebook campaign to leverage their strong ‘fan brand.’ • Hard Rock created a Facebook page from scratch, installed the Work for Us app, and ...view middle of the document...
• The Hard Rock team responded to applicant questions on the Page’s wall, although a community quickly developed as users positively engaged each other. • The app combined highly targeted ads, embedded social features, and a seamless application process to acquire 10,000 fans and 4,000 applicants in four weeks. The Hard Rock team conducted 1,000 interviews and ended up hiring 120 individuals through the app. 95% of candidates extended offers accepted them, a testament to the pre-qualification of candidates via targeted ads and social features.
The Facebook Recruiting Solution
• Hard Rock traditionally spends around $25,000 on recruitment advertising for new venues. However, the Facebook campaign cost around $2,000. • This resulted in a cost per fan of $0.20, a cost per applicant of $0.50, and a cost per hire of $16.
Talent community in a high turnover industry
• The Work for Us app created a single point of contact between candidates and the company and thus fostered a high quality talent community. • Even fans that did not initially apply for jobs or were not hired continued to be fans. The fanbase continued to drive fan and candidate growth, and the page reached 25,000 fans two months after opening. • Jobs remain open and recruiters reach out to the Page’s community directly whenever new hires are needed. Indeed, the Page remains a significant source of candidate traffic.
Positive employer branding and engagement
• By attracting candidates that were passionate about the company, Hard Rock created a vibrant community that supported its employer brand. These engaged fans both supported Hard Rock’s unique ethos and acted as employer brand advocates.
The Bottom Line
Hard Rock leveraged the Work for Us app’s targeted Ads, social features, and simple application process in conjunction with their strong fan brand. The app allowed Hard Rock to rapidly grow their fan base, convert fans to quality hires, and create a sustained talent community.