January 6th, 2011
BCS 300: Management Information Systems
Module 2: Case Study Questions
Google’s New Search for the Best and the Brightest”
Page 53: 1-6
1. Google’s traditional hiring practices did not create business problems because the method that they came up with to rate people in their positions was brilliant. Google created surveys to see what people really wanted to do in life and what they would strive at the most. Using this will only create results for the company and the individual because the employee will like their job and in turn ...view middle of the document...
5. Ten questions Google might ask:
1. Why do you want to join Google? Google would want to know why the applicant wants a career at their facilities.
2. Who are Google's competitors, and how does Google compete with them? This is an important question to let Google know if you’re knowledgeable about the industry.
3. What's a creative way of marketing Google's brand name and product? This question is to test their creativity and see if they can bring any new or fresh ideas to the company.
4. Describe a technical problem you had and how you solved it. This would show how unique they are in problem solving.
5. Anywhere in the world, where would you open up a new Google office and how would you figure out compensation for all the employees at this new office? This question will show how big or little their dreams are and how far their willing to go.
6. What do you see yourself...