Identification – This case study looks at the tension firms experience between adequate research in the safety of a product and pressure to minimize development costs and bring the product to market as soon as possible.
Description – The case study “Primark Versus Marks & Spencer” compares these two different corporations and how each of them are reacting to the increased demands that arise from operating in a global, constantly wired and increasingly complex business environment. Primark produces low cost clothes to compete with firms such as Wal-Mart. On the other hand, Marks & Spencer seeks to differentiate its products based on quality and charges a corresponding price ...view middle of the document...
2. www.corporation2020.org – This website discusses the core importance of the corporation and how the corporation should be designed as to bring the best in the 21st century corporation. Since we operate under corporations today it is very important that these corporations be designed and ran properly.
3. www.goodcorporation.com –This website is a group that helps business conduct ethical practices. They are a global company who does independent and confidential services. Definitely a huge need – there are rules and regulations for everything else in life. It is very important that corporations are also taught how to be ethically correct.
4. www.bcccc.net – This is the center for corporate citizenship. They offer programs to individuals as well as membership opportunities into this “ club” They feel that continuous learning is the key to staying ahead in the corporate world. I think that it is awesome that there programs where you can develop your skills and ideas as for being in control of a corporation.
5. www.tomorrowscompany.com – This website is “ a not-for-profit research and agenda setting organization committed to creating a future for business which makes equal sense to staff, shareholders and society.” This is a great resource for staff, shareholder and the society and is used to better benefit society.
Questions for Discussion
1. Corporations are a major influence in our lives today. You can own a share in a business, but you don't have any liability for the day to day operations. The only risk that you have in ownership of a corporation is the risk of your investment. Corporations can also create efficiency. The reason why they run other companies out of business is because they can do everything cheaper. Corporations also create less risk for employees. Lastly, Corporations are run by their senior executives, who are in turn hired by the board of directors.
2. Honestly, this world would not be able to exist without...