Career Development Plan Part 2
Individual Assignment: Career Development Plan Part II – Development of a Training and Mentoring Program.
Running head: CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN PART 2
Career Development Plan – Part 2
The second part of the development plan will address the training needs for each individual chosen to be a member of my team that will help them achieve the strategic goals for the company. To assess training needs and develop a plan to meet those needs, an analysis needs to be performed on four levels. Analysis needs to be done organizationally to determine what training is needed by employees to accomplish the strategic ...view middle of the document...
Tom Gonzalez, Sales Manager
• Has strong leadership potential
• Has expertise in developing solutions-based products for the customer.
Donna Wilson, Outside Sales Representative
• Has no experience selling cleaning or sanitation products
• Is an aggressive sales rep who likes to close the deal
• Does not see the value in maintaining long-term relationships with customers
Susan Burnt, Outside Sales Representative
• Is aggressive in closing the sale
• Understands the importance of providing excellent “after the sale” service
Dennis White, Outside Sales Representative
• Has no experience with cleaning
• Is an aggressive sales rep who likes to hunt for new customers and close the deal
Eric Borden, Outside Sales Representative
• Has a solid reputation for servicing the customer
• Has performed the role of team leader on several special projects
• Keeps current with the latest industrial cleaning and sanitation industry developments
• Keeps current on the changes to regulations and compliance issues affecting the industry
Ving Hsu, Outside Sales Representative
• Enjoys working with customers
• Performs training seminars on a regular basis in order to help train the employees of his customers.
• Has a vast personal network of industry professionals
• Has strong problem solving skills
Terry Garcia, Outside Sales Representative
• Has the ability to communicate, educate, and use critical thinking skills in problem resolution
• Understands the value in working as a team in order to get the final outcome.
• Is an educated consumer
Based on the analysis the following trainings needs have been identified as required by the team members to help them achieve the strategic goals of InterClean:
1. Training on the products sold by InterClean
2. Training in Critical thinking and Problem Solving.
3. Training on the environmental laws and regulations
4. Training on how to provide great customer service
5. Training on team building
6. Diversity training
7. Training on the basics of marketing
Based on the individual assessments, the training that will be offered to each employee is as follows: Donna Wilson and Dennis White will need to complete all of the training offered to bring them up to par for meeting the challenges of the new team; Susan Burnt will need to complete the training sessions that deal with critical thinking and problem solving, environmental laws and regulations, team building, diversity training, and marketing; Eric Borden and Ving Hsu will need to complete the training on products sold by...