Career Development Plan
June 27, 2010
Career Development Plan
This Career Development Plan is to help assist employees in achieving work related goals. The plan and process will benefits many factors within the organization including the likelihood of employee retention. Employees will see the organization and managers pursue and encourage him or her to seek and pursue career and education goals for the organization, establishing retention and seeking happy employees who may seek these goals with another organization.
This training and mentoring plan will guide employees set realistic expectations of career growth with specific time frames for ...view middle of the document...
The plan is to present all the team members with all the information and tools and will be designed to improve the performance of individuals to help them personally, work with groups and benefit the organization. Improved performance, in turn, implies that there have been measurable changes in knowledge, skills, attitudes, and/or social behavior. (Cascio. 2005).
Format of a Career Development Plan
Using an Individual Career Plan format is a valuable tool and offers a good guideline for individuals. Once the value of the Individual Career Plan is established, managers should emphasize all employees take responsibility for creating this form for themselves and provide the following information:
1. Short-term goals, objectives, and education. Time line 1-5 years
2. Long-term goal , career, and objectives. Time line +5 years
3. Development experiences in the short-term:
a. Summary statement
b. Education and training
c. Job assignments
d. Developmental activities
In addition to a career path each individual is able to establish team building training and the strength in the development of interpersonal relationships. Since the company environment and teams have changed drastically, each member needs to learn how to handle these changes in a positive and beneficial manner. Learning to accept, adapt and adjust to the team environment will be vital in the team’s success as well as the success of the individual skill to best serve each client. It is important to be able to ask for ideas, offer help without being asked, develop listening and feedback skills, and recognize and consider ideas of others. (Cascio, 2005).
Main Objectives of the InterClean/EnviroTech Training Program
a. Increase customer satisfaction with the implementation successful of business relationships
b. Increase repeat business, referral business, and increase the growth of new clientele.
c. Implement an easy transition for the new group and increase
The following performance standards are a guideline for each individual as well as the sales team to meet and succeed, in order to see the training practices success.
1. Sales reps must contact at least five to eight (5-8) calls a day to existing clients or no less than 35-40 calls a week, and a minimum of five new calls per week to potential customers and referrals or leads.
2. Sales reps must set attainable sales goals, meet and or exceed these goals and will have quarterly evaluations to see which adjustments can be made.
3. Sales reps must be in attendance at weekly conference calls and bi-weekly sales meetings.
4. Sales reps must use all their resources including other team members to meet and provide customer needs, wants and expectations.
Sales Training Methods
Mandatory training will is offered for newly hired sales rep employees. This will be a three-day class and will consist of book training, hands-on...