Calyx & Corolla
Calyx & Corolla, a brainchild of Ruth Owades, was a phenomenal success owing to an innovative concept involving a direct delivery of plants and flowers from growers to consumers, eliminating all middlemen such as florists, shopping malls and other distributors. While Ruth Owades’ model has worked beautifully, it is imperative to adopt new approaches to building and leading organizations to be in-sync with changing times and stay competitive.
Calyx & Corolla’s year-long test advertising campaign should ideally spread out advertisements throughout the year; during non-holiday seasons as well as the peak holiday seasons. It is recommended that the campaign ...view middle of the document...
With potential grown in mind, it may not be a bad idea to even acquire a bigger office where the operations can be headquartered.
2. Yellow Pages Advertising: FTD member shops spend 35% of their advertising costs in Yellow pages. Calyx & Corolla currently advertise in business publications but may
miss out on a segment of the market that does not read those publications. Advertising in the Yellow-pages will give them exposure to a broader scope of consumers.
3. Online advertisements: With rising paper costs, using the web to reach out to audiences is highly recommended. For example, in present times Facebook is an important social media tool, very popular among the younger generation. There are a host of advantages of using web based advertising.
* It is cost effective
* It is much faster than traditional advertisements
* It offers much more information than regular paper based advertisements. The online advertisements usually contain a link to the parent website where online viewers can view the entire range of products/services on offer.
* The younger generation among web users could be targeted with Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day approaching because these days attract the highest business volumes for Calyx & Corolla.
4. Target working women: Since most of the clients are working women, holding some kind of workshop among executive women may help Calyx & Corolla...