CMIS102 Homework Assignment 1 (Worth 13% of your grade)
Student Name: Angelica Hines
Class/Section: CMIS 102.1202.7983
Professor Name: Ronald McFarland
Assignment due date: 04/01/2012
Problem definition: Calculate the usable area in square feet of house. Assume that the house has a maximum of four rooms, and that each room is rectangular.
A. Problem Analysis – Following the directions in the assignment, clearly write up your problem analysis in this section.
In this program the overall goal is to obtain the usable area in square feet in a house. The results or overall goal would be considered the required output. To obtain the required output we would need ...view middle of the document...
Program Comments and Test Data – Following the directions in the assignment, include your test data and expected results in this section.
Welcome to Hines Homes Designs, Inc.; where we assist you with designing the interior of your home. We provide custom specifications, floor plans, interior decorating, staging and much more. Below is a program written to provide you with the exact square footage of your new four bedroom room home. The Hines’ welcome you home….
2. Call Welcome Message moduleDeclare the variables
3. Declare WidthInches, LengthInches as Float
4. Declare WidthFeet, LengthFeet, SquareFeet as Float
5. Declare WidthFeet, LenghtFeet, SquareFeet as Float
6. //Get the values of the dimensions
7. Write “What are the length and width of the room in inches?”
8. Input LenthInches, WidthInches
9. // Convert dimensions from inches to feet
10. Set LengthFeet = LengthInches/12
11. Set WidthFeet = WidthInches/12
12. //Calculate the square footage