1,How to make a plan that works:
1,Set goals 2,Develop commitment, 3,Develop effective action plan 3,Track progress 4,Maintain flexibility 5,Revise existing plan or begin new planning process
2,Benefit of planning
1) intensified effort
* Manager and employees put forth greater effort when following a plan.
* Working hard for long periods even when there may be little chance of short-term success.
* Plans encourage managers and employees to direct their persistent effort towards activities that help accomplish their goals and away from activities that do not.
* 4,Pitfalls of planning
1) impedes change and adaption
* Sometimes,companies become so committed to achieving the goals set forth. That they fail to see that their plans aren’t working or that their goals need to change.
2) False sense of certainty
* Planner sometimes feel that know exactly what the future holds for their ...view middle of the document...
* Step2:Identify decision criteria.
* -standards used to guide judgments and decisions.
* Step3:Weight the criteria
* -absolute comparisons:each criteria is compared to a standard or ranked on its own men.
* -Relative comparisons:each criteria is directly compared to every other ariteria
* Step4:Generate alternative
* -The idea to generate as many alternatives as possible
* Step5:Evaluate each alternative.
* -this step can take much longer and be more expensive than other step in the process.
* Step6: Compute the optional decision.
* -Multiply the rating for each criteria by the weight for the criter.
* -Sum the sources for each alternative course of action.
* 6,Selection process
a) Completing application materials
* -Gathering information materials.
* -Typical application regarding and applicant’s background and experience.
* -Typical application materials:
* i),Traditional application from.
* iii),Sometimes tests may be included.
b) Conducting an interview
* -interview can provide rough ideas concerning the person’s fit with the job and the organization.
c) Completing any necessary tests.
* -Administered before or after the interview.
d) Doing background investigation.
* -Can be used early or late in the seletion process.
* -Background investigation include:
* i)Basic level check.
* ii)Referance check
e) Deciding to hire or not to hire
* -Draw on information produced in preceding selection.
* -A job offer is made.
* -Negotiation of salary and benefits.
* -The final step in the staffing process.
* -Involves orientating new employees to:
* The firm and The work units
* -policies,rules,procedures and culture.
* 7,The control Process
1) ,set performance standards
2) ,Measure actual performance
3) ,compare actual performance against set performance standard.
4) Evaluate outcome and take actions
5) If performance is meeting the set standard,continue with the acceptable performance.
6) If standards are not being met,find out why and take correction action.