GSM-based mobile communication in Turkey began when Turkcell commenced operations in February 1994. Turkcell then signed a 25-year GSM license contract with the Ministry of Transportation on April 27, 1998. Since then, it has continuously increased the variety of its services based on mobile audio and data communication, as well as on its quality levels and as a result, its number of subscribers.
Turkcell is a regional leader by being the market leader in five countries out of nine it operates in. Turkcell's shares have been traded on the Istanbul (IMKB) and New York Stock Exchanges (NYSE) since July 11, 2000, and it is the first and only Turkish company ...view middle of the document...
Turkcell has aimed to build on its foundations by keeping abreast of the newest technology in mobile sector and providing it to their subscribers as it continues to develop, enabling subscribers to have more relaxing lives by savings them time and helping them reach information quickly.
* We believe that customers come first
* We are an agile team
* We promote open communication
* We are passionate about making a difference
* We value people
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
As a Leading Communication and Technology Company,
* to grow in our core mobile communication business through increased use of voice and data,
* to grow our existing international subsidiaries with a focus on profitability,
* to grow in the fixed broadband business by creating synergy among Turkcell Group companies through our fiber optic infrastructure,
* to grow in the area of mobility, internet and convergence through new business opportunities,
* to grow in domestic and international markets through communications, technology and new business opportunities,
* to develop new service platforms that will enrich our relationship with our customers through our technical capabilities.
* Marketing- Snabbit character is well known throughout the country and strengthens branding.
* Financial-Control operating and capital expenditures closely with economic downturn using flexibility and sensitivity.
* Human Resources- Pay above industry average
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Turkcell’s board is composed of seven board members all non-executive
1. Mehmet Emin Karamehmet Chairman
2. Mehmet Bulent Ergin
3. Aimo Eloholma
4. Oleg Malis
5. Alexey Khudyakov
6. Colin J William
7. Tero Erkki Kivisaari
Turkcell have ten members of senior management in which two are females
1. Serkan Okandan Chief Financial Officer
2. Liter Terzioglu Chief Network Officer
3. Cenk Bayrakdar Chief Product and Service
4. Selen Kocabas Chief Business Support Officer
5. Lale Saral Develioglu Chief Marketing Officer
6. Emre Sayin Chief Corporate Business officer
7. Ekrem Yener Chief Corporate Business officer
8. Tayfun Cataltepe Chief Corporate Strategy & Regulations Officer
9. Koray Ozturkler Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
10. Hulusi Acar Chief consumer sales officer
CORPORATE RESOURCE (Core competencies)
In 1999, Turkcell became the first GSM operators in turkey to be awarded the prestigious ISO 9001. The international organization for standardization (ISO) created the worldwide guide-lines to promote operating efficiency, improve productivity and reduce cost. The ISO 9000 are four levels of ISO 9000: 9001, 9002, 9003 and 9004. The most rigorous of the ISO standards is ISO 9001, which has 20 components. ISO 9001...