ASSESSMENT 2 INSTRUCTIONS
Course Name: DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Subject Name: Human Resource Management
Method: Complete a performance management review form and conduct a role play using the form
Assessment No.: 2
Term/Year: Term 1 / 2015
Due Date: Week 8 (Friday 13 March 2015)
Competency Title/s: BSBMGT502B: Manage people performance
Purpose of Assessment and provide evidence on:
• Documented performance indicators and a critical description and analysis of performance management systems from the workplace
• Techniques in providing feedback and coaching for improvements in performance
...view middle of the document...
What tasks do you enjoy doing?
2. What tasks do you NOT enjoy doing?
3. What are the most important aspects (parts) of your job?
4. Are there any areas that could be improved?
5. If so how?
6. What are your plans for the future?
(as agreed upon by employee and manager)
VERIFICATION OF REVIEW
By signing this form, you confirm that you have discussed this review in detail with your
Supervisor or Manager.
Signing this form does not necessarily indicate that you agree with this evaluation.
Employee Signature: ______________________________ Date: ______________
Manager Signature:: ______________________________ Date: ______________
Part 2: Role Play: (completed in groups of two)
To practice giving verbal critical feedback
• To discuss this key skill of giving feedback when employees are underperforming
• To give the participants the chance to receive feedback on their performance as an appraiser in an interview situation
1. In groups of two read the attached roles as a guide to do your role play. One person shall be the supervisor (interviewer); one shall be the interviewee (staff member) and the other an observer who shall use the review sheet to lead the discussion.
2. The Interviewer must be very specific in your
3. You have 30 minutes to practise your role play
4. After the role play we shall conduct a discussion on one or two of the following questions:
• Why is it so difficult to give critical feedback, especially within review interviews?
• On what occasions might a manager have to give negative feedback?
• What experiences have participants had giving critical feedback and what did they learn from those experiences?
• Mary works in the Customer Service Department for an Insurance Company called Nextime and James is her supervisor
• The staff member (Mary) shall use the attached handout as a guide to their role
• The Supervisor (James) also use the guide attached
Role Play—Employee’s Role
You are Mary who works in the customer service department for the large insurance company Nextime. Your job is to answer the telephone promptly and to handle all customer questions rising from these calls. You can deal with some of the calls yourself, but others have to be passed on to the specialist departments. You are also expected to write letters to customers based on conversations that you have had with them.
You work within a team of four, reporting to James, the supervisor. You get along well with the other team members and enjoy their company. You cover for each other during breaks and vacations.
You have worked for the company for about two years and are starting to feel a bit bored with the job. You know you are typically good with the customers and pass on the questions to other departments politely....