|BUSINESS ETHICS |
|Individual assignment |
|Topic 1: The factors influencing corporate culture ...view middle of the document...
Products developed by the Company are sold through bottlers, fountain wholesalers and distributors around the globe. Brand Coca-Cola accounts for about 75 per cent of the Company's unit sales volume of soft drinks.
II. ANALYSIS OF PROBLEMS/ ISSUES:
To have a better view of the company culture and the factors influencing it, I had a private interview with Mr.Lam, the manager of the company. The following are my summary of our past interviews:
At The Coca-Cola Company, we aim to lead by example and to learn from experience. We set high standards for our people at all levels and strive to consistently meet them.We are guided by our established standards of corporate governance and ethics. We review our systems to ensure we achieve international best practices in terms of transparency and accountability. The foundation of our approach to corporate governance is laid out in our Corporate Governance Guidelines and in the charters of our Board of Directors’ committees.
Our vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
• People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs.
Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
• Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
2. Live Our Values
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
• Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
• Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
• Integrity: Be real
• Accountability: If it is to be, it's up to me
• Passion: Committed in heart and mind
• Diversity: As inclusive as our brands
• Quality: What we do, we do well
3. Corporate Responsibility
Corporate responsibility is managed through the Public Policy and Corporate Reputation Council, a cross-functional group of senior managers from our Company and bottling partners. The Council identifies risks and opportunities faced by our business and communities and recommends strategies to address these challenges.
4. Ethics & Compliance
The core of the ethics and compliance program at The Coca-Cola Company is our Code of Business Conduct. The Code guides our business...