Business Decision Making
Beatriz D’ Bayan
Table of Contents
Business Decision Making 3
Task 1: 3
1.1 Collection of data 3
1.2 Survey Methodology 4
1.3 Questionnaire 6
Task 2 9
2.1, 2.2, 2.3 Interpret and conclude the calculation of the frequency distribution, mean, median mode, percentiles, quartiles and correlation coefficient, standard deviation, variance and coefficient of variation (for arrival time and service time data only). 9
2.4 The following task should be accomplished: 14
Business Decision Making
1.1 Collection of data
1 | Develop Plan | C.M ,T.H, B.D | June 23-27 |
2 | Conduct Observation | | June29 ...view middle of the document...
Additionally, the use of hand-collected surveys allowed the researchers to check the information immediately for accuracy and to analyse the data quickly. It helped to eliminate the problem of inaccurate results, because the surveyors could observe that the general demographic information was correct, via visual examination. It was cost efficient in that there were no computer-based costs associated with distributing and collecting the materials.
A. Give three (3) reasons for the selected survey methodology (based on your research)
1. The researcher recommends Computer-based questionnaires because it allows respondents more time to think about their answers to the questions.
2. The researcher recommends Computer-based questionnaires because it will cost significantly less than interviewing in person.
3. The researcher recommends Computer-based questionnaires because it will cut down the time for data collection, due to the limited time frame.
B. Give three (3) reasons for the selected sampling frame (refer the results of your survey)
1. The researcher used the age group of 16-20 as the respondents because that’s the age group that frequent Shakey’s and Pizza Hut the most.
2. The researcher chose the location of Muntinlupa City and the cities around it, which are Las Piñas City and Parañaque City because the respondents that have been chosen have access to those branches.
3. The male and female gender have been used by the researcher as their respondents because the computer-based questionnaires applies to both genders.
The questionnaire for this study is composed of 8 questions:
Good day, we are 2nd year students of Southville International School Affiliated with Foreign University and we are currently conducting a survey of the two chosen restaurants, Shakey's and Pizza Hut. We would greatly appreciate your cooperation and honesty. Thank you very much.
Top of Form
Time of the day you visit the restaurant? *
* 9 am to 12 pm
* 1 pm to 4 pm
* 5 pm to 6 pm
* 7 pm to 8pm
What restaurant would you rather prefer? *
* Pizza Hut
How long does the service time usually take? *
How long you usually wait for the food? *
Customer Service Rating from 1 to 5 *
Bottom of Form
2.1, 2.2, 2.3 Interpret and conclude the calculation of the frequency distribution, mean, median mode, percentiles, quartiles and correlation coefficient, standard deviation, variance and coefficient of variation (for arrival time and service time data only).
The calculation made with the collected data is presented in the tables below:
Data Analysis of Shakey |
Service time | Waiting time |