Format: Written Responses
Weight: 20% of final mark
Due Date: After Lesson 10
Assignment 2 covers course content from Lessons 6 to 10. Page references are provided for each question to help you focus on the course readings as you prepare your responses.
Assignment Structure and Marks
|Assignment Section |Percentage of Mark |
|Section 1: Communication Features |20 |
|Section 2: Groups’ Shared Interests and Features |20 ...view middle of the document...
These skills can be innate or acquired but they must be executed well to preserve and grow computer-mediated relationships. The core to online mediated communication between users is motivation through self-presentation and self-information in a clear, effective and efficient way (Wright et al, 2011). Speaking with authenticity helps to promote trust and an informal conversation tone between users.
Here are two examples of my personal computer-mediated competency and how I adapted my message to the chosen social medium and shaped the message to the users’ needs.
1. I am a Real Estate Estate Broker, and I often communicate with my clients online via email, therefore it is very important to always have a concise direction with my emails to lead my clients to a particular action; to lease a property, buy a property or sell a property with me. In these emails I analyze the following criteria before I start my communication:
• Speak in a reader-beneficial tone.
• Use detailed knowledge to quickly present knowledge of their desire goal and how I am able to help them reach it.
• Make it easy for my clients to respond.
• Includes only necessary information to keep the email short and concise
• Anticipate and overcome objections they may have such as buyers entering a sellers market.
The users needs are extremely important when I am directing an email to persuade or influence a direction of actions I wish them to take.
2. On my business website I run an added value tool to any visitors. When a visitor visits my website, and I am online, a chat window pops up on the visitors screen and asks if they have any questions. I provide visitors an opportunity to ask any questions they may have about the market in exchange for their contact information. This allows me to provide an added value to visitors and collect data that I can then for my benefit. I am to transfer these visitors to clients or for referral purposes. I serve a purpose to my own business growth and the opportunity for the visitor to have immediate and expert advice. I am careful to be concise and goal oriented in my conversations because I only have a small opportunity to provide and gather information.
I have further leaned that it is critical to have internal and external resources to be able to provide answers and address concerns, questions and comments users and clients may have. If a business has the ability to address and handle user and customer communication with an effective and efficient approach in an adapted method to the mode of communication, the user or customer will feel as a priority. It is important to reduce the complexity of the communication and to speak in an informational and conversation tone in most computers mediated efforts.
It can also be important to understand the users online influence and to prioritize the communication time frame. This strategy...