What is Singer Swing Academy?
Sewing Academy is an embodiment of Singer’s social commitment and it resolved to bring the company closer to the people and community. The Academy:
- extends its services to the underprivileged women of the society for income generation
- keep the art of sewing through machine alive
- helps the teachers of Franchise Schools earn a reasonable income from the fees while they give hands on training on sewing, embroidery, stitching, and cutting to the students
- creates an opportunity for students who pass out successfully to open their own Franchise Schools in their community, thereby keeping the cycle of sewing- learning - income generation alive On an ...view middle of the document...
Since the inception of Krishi Bazar they can obtain required
information as quickly as possible about the price and best deal; and can arrange selling in best possible
seller. In other areas customers are also enjoying the services of the initiatives and eradicating
themselves from cruel poverty and dishonor.
2. Reduced Migration to urban
People In northern part of Bangladesh particularly in nilfamari, rongpur, lalmonirhaat used to migrate
from rural to urban because of unemployment and poverty. However after introducing this service rural
poor farmers have accelerated their income in a moderate peace and now they are working in their own
field and passing time with their family members.
3. Increasing agricultural productivity
People do not have to travel over 30‐35km to district headquarters to sell agricultural produce. Access
to a mobile phone helpline helps villagers negotiate with buyers and allow them to have greater deal.
This security of their produce selling have boosted up confidence among rural folk, therefore, they can
pass more time on field and...