This lab I went to the Madison building codes web site. I will put in the codes from off the web page.
I’m writing this as notes and a check out list.
Here is a list of the steps to do first.
* Processing of permit applications for all types of construction
* Review of commercial and residential construction plans
* Issuing building and various related trade permits
* Conducting various inspections of new commercial and residential construction including alterations, additions, new detached structures, and swimming pools
* Evaluating existing buildings ...view middle of the document...
The 2005 National Electric Code and 2005 International Electric Code govern all electrical work. The Green Building Standard ICC 700-2008 and the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code. The City has also adopted the Americans with Disabilities Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) for accessible design. To purchase a copy of the codes listed you may visit the International Code Council website. Please note that copies are also available for reference at the Madison Public Library on Plaza Boulevard.
For additional information, call:
* Building and Inspections Division Ph: (256) 998-0003
* Request an Inspection
* Code Enforcement Ph: (256) 374-9978
* For the Planning Department, please call (256) 230-2948