Service-focused social worker and program coordinator with a strong commitment to serving the needs of disadvantaged youth and adults, including homeless, emancipated youth and special-needs populations.
Excel in program and organizational planning, with documented success overcoming challenges of limited resources and financial constraints to design high-quality, cost-effective and comprehensive service offerings.
Skilled in building community support, key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships. Backed by solid credentials (MSW) and equal strengths in program, personnel and case management.
Service Coordinator / Lead Case Manager / ...view middle of the document...
• Developed proposal and delivered presentation that won $100,000 grant to overhaul one of agency's Single Room Occupancy (SRO) facilities. Out-competed 75 other homeless shelters and youth programs to win corporate funding.
• Proved need for and acquired license that allowed agency to provide housing to emancipated youth with children. Retrofitted facility with childproof safety features and launched child-care programs carried out by certified child-care professional.
5/1998-7/1999, XYZ Agency, San Francisco, CA
Served on interdisciplinary team to provide case management for consumers housed in three community group home residences. Developed weekly group programs and maintained documentation to fulfill funding-source requirements.
• Designed and implemented creative group programs benefiting mentally retarded consumers (ages 22 to 60) and enhancing their social skills and self-esteem.
• Launched an ongoing event agenda that included Circles Program, holiday celebrations, current events discussion groups, voting trips and numerous community excursions.
• Facilitated supportive services/counseling for client family members to address special concerns and ease the transition during home holiday visits.
• Forged community connections benefiting staff, clients and their families.
• Collaborated closely with interdisciplinary team members on development of appropriate case plans meeting individual client needs.
9/1996-5/1998, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
• Master of Social Work (MSW)
• Action Organization -- San Francisco, CA (provides therapy to children with autism): Intern in the Behavior Therapy & Learning Center, 5/1997 to 5/1998
• Way Up Shelter Inc. -- San Francisco, CA (homeless shelter): Case Manager,...