The Hot Tub Mystery
1. The paramedics noticed the empty bottles of wine, the temperature of the water, and the length of time the couple has been dead.
2. Did any of them have an alcohol problem? Did any of the Underhill’s have health issues? Could you notice any signs of suicidal actions? Where they stressed people?
3. The pill Lasix is used for swelling and fluid retention, also used to treat high blood pressure. Also the stress from their everyday job could have had an influence.
4. For Mr. Underhill to potentially have high blood pressure the alcohol helps to expand blood vessels in the body and increase body temp. Alcohol also has the same effect and both of them ...view middle of the document...
4. Alcohol has many effects on the major parts of the brain for example, the cerebral cortex, the limbic system, the cerebellum, hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and medulla. Cerebral cortex processes thoughts and initiates most of your voluntary movements and with alcohol impairing it that leads to poor judgement and increase the threshold for pain. When the Limbic system is affected by alcohol memory loss may be experienced. The Cerebellum causes uncoordinated movements when affected by alcohol. If the Medulla is influenced by too much alcohol it can be fatal because the medulla controls heart rate, body temp and breathing.
5. Depending on the size of the individual and how much they drink depends on how fast alcohol is metabolized. Generally for one beer or one shot it take about an hour to metabolize.
6. Confusion or dazed, major body movements can’t be made without assistance. For a man those symptoms are not as pronounce as it would be for a female. A 160 lb male is bigger than the 120lb woman and can take in more alcohol, also women take alcohol to the bloodstream quicker than men.