I. Introduction 04
1. Project Study Approach 04
2. Objectives of the Study 04
3. Scope and Limitation of the Study 05
4. Brief Description of the Study 06
5. Rationale 07
II. The Product Concept 08
1. Name and Description of the Product 08
2. Functions or Purpose of Each Part 08
3. Pictorial Sketch and Orthographic Drawing 10
4. Exploded Drawing 10
III. Materials Requirement Planning 11
1. Product Structure Tree 11
3.1.2 Summary of Product Tree 11
3.2 Materials Specification 12
3.3 Parts ...view middle of the document...
1. THE PROJECT STUDY APPROACH
The study was done through the keen observations of the researchers and interviews to skilled workers in manufacturing fashion bracelet. The researchers also considered studying pass studies and historical events about manufacturing bracelet by searching information in various worldwide webs and different books of crafts. The researchers gathered all the information they extracted from the approaches they use (observation, interview and researching) and use it to systematically study the manufacturing of the group’s product the “Cat’s Eye Bracelet”.
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The study aims to investigate the most efficient and easiest way to assemble a desired decorative Cat’s Eye Bracelet. The study involves handling of the materials, installation of facilities and equipment, establishment of standard practice and working instruction, and time and motion study. The study will determine how to assemble the parts of the bracelet and how it is assembled to one another in the most convenient way with the ease of the operator.
Specifically the study aims to:
1. Determine standard time in assembling Cat’s Eye Bracelet.
2. Determine the labor cost in assembling the Cat’s Eye Bracelet.
3. Determine the standard unit cost of the Cat’s Eye Bracelet.
4. To establish standard practice in the most economical way in assembling the product.
5. To provide work instruction of the process.
3. SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study took place at the Quinapondan Residence, Basubas Compound, Tipolo Mandaue City. The study only focuses on the manufacturing of Cat’s Eye Bracelet. This includes the materials (raw) needed to make the product and its costs. Also the study includes the indirect materials use in manufacturing of the product. The researcher gathered information for the study in the 20th day of October to the last week of October to the last week of October between 1:00pm-5:00pm.
A. Subject Delimitation
The study only focused on the manufacturing or making of Cat’s Eye Bracelet. A better picture of the product is shown in Figure__ page__. The researchers also considered the direct materials and indirect materials applied and used to make the above mentioned product.
B. Place Delimitation
The gathering data and performing of the procedures in making the product took place at the Living room of one the researcher of this study at Basubas Compound, Tipolo Mandaue City.
C. Time Delimitation
The researchers gathered information and performed the time and motion study in making Cat’s Eye Bracelet in the 20th day of October to the last week of October between 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
The researchers were also delimited by some factors both directly and indirectly affecting the realization of the study. One of these is time cramping, because...