BIS/220 Intro to Computer Application and Systems
1) Two information systems that support the entire organization are
A. enterprise resource planning systems and dashboards
B. transaction processing systems and office automation systems
C. enterprise resource planning systems and transaction processing systems
D. expert systems and office automation systems
2) _______ is the direct use of information systems by employees in their work.
A. Transaction processing systems
B. End-user computing
C. Decision support systems
D. Management information systems
6) Your company’s computers have been taken over by an attacker and used to attack another organization’s information systems. Your problem is which of the following?
A. Poor security policies and procedures
B. Lack of due diligence
C. Downstream liability
D. Poor service-level agreements
7) You are the only person in your office to upgrade to Microsoft® Word 2010. Before you share documents with coworkers, you should do which of the following?
A. Print out a backup copy of documents.
B. Run the Compatibility Checker.
C. Burn all documents to CD.
D. Create a document summary.
8) Which of the following is detected by the contextual spelling checker?
A. Duplicate words
B. Irregular capitalization
C. Use of their when you should use there
D. Improper use of commas and other punctuation
9) If your cursor is near the bottom of a page and you want to display the next paragraph you type at the top of a new page, you should use which of the following?
D. Page Layout, Breaks, Line Numbers
10) Your ______ is the collection of traceable data that is captured when you use various information technologies such as credit cards or the Internet.
A. data profile
B. data shadow
C. database file
D. database record