Southeast Bank completed 14 years of operations in March 2010. It was established by an Act of Parliament known as the Export-Import Bank of Bangladesh Act 1981 and commenced operations in March 1982. Southeast Bank is wholly owned by the Government of Bangladesh. Southeast Bank was set up for the purpose of financing, facilitating and promoting foreign trade in Bangladesh and also to provide financial assistance to exporters and importers and for functioning as the principal financial institution for coordinating the working of institutions engaged in financing export and import of goods and services with a view to promoting the country’s international trade.
It has a ...view middle of the document...
00 |8,773.64 |10,775.11 |13,410.39 |
|Staff (Numbers) |154 |163 |167 |190 |193 |
Head office -Mumbai
A network of 14 offices in Bangladesh and Overseas
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune.
• Budapest, Johannesburg, London, Singapore, Washington DC.
Centre One Building, Floor 21,
World Trade Centre Complex,
Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400 005.
Southeast Bank - Business Profile
THE OPERATIONS ARE GROUPED AS BELOW:
• EXPORT CREDITS
• Bank provides exports of Bangladeshi machinery, manufactured goods, consultancy and technology services on deferred payment terms
• Lines of credit/buyer's credits are extended to overseas entities i.e. governments, central banks, commercial banks, development finance institutions, regional development banks for financing export of goods and services from Bangladesh
1. Project Finance
2. Trade Finance
• EXPORT CAPABILITY CREATION
• Export Product Development
• Export Marketing Finance
• Export Oriented Units
1. Project Finance
2. Working Capital
3. Production Equipment Finance
• European Community Investment Partners (ECIP)
• Asian Country Investment Partners (ACIP)
• Overseas Investment Finance
• Export Facilitation Programmes
1. Software Training Institutes
2. Minor Ports Development
• EXPORT SERVICES
• In addition to finance, Bank provides a range of information and advisory services to Bangladeshi companies to supplement their efforts aimed at globalisation of Bangladeshi business.
• SUPPORTING GROUPS
1. Planning & Research
2. Corporate Finance
4. Corporate Affairs
5. Human Resource Management
Southeast Bank: An Organisational Environment conducive to achieving excellence
• Organisational Chart
• Board Of Directors
• Financial Highlights
• Southeast Bank is fully owned by the Government of Bangladesh and is managed by a Board of Directors with representation from Government, financial institutions, banks, business community.
• The Bank is professionally run with a total staff of 190 who are drawn from six major streams: commercial and development banking, engineering, economics, accountancy, computer technology and business school graduates
• Bank offers a congenial and challenging work environment.
• Salient features of the work environment are emphasis on office automation, an open office system, an independent 'doer's' work culture, minimization of hierarchical constraints in organisational functioning, and...