Body Composition/Weight Management Worksheet
Moderately Active 25 year old male Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Current Body Fat: 25% Target Body Fat: 20% Weight: 180lbs
1) Calculate Fat Free Mass and Fat Mass. Calculate their new Target BW at 20% BF (see body comp lab)
2) Calculate Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
RMR ...view middle of the document...
4) Calculate the number of pounds of fat mass the individual must lose to obtain their desired Target Body Fat level.
5) How many total kcals will they need to lose to obtain their new Target Body Fat level (assuming all weight loss is from fat)? How many kcal per week must they be below energy balance to lose the body fat in 10 weeks?
6) This individual desires to add cycling 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week to help increase his energy expenditure and weight loss. Calculate the NET (Gross –rest) kcal/min expenditure, and total expenditure from this activity.
Cycle ergometer RPM: 70 rev/min
Resistance: 2kg ml/kg/min= 1.8 (kgm/min)/BW(kg) + 3.5 + 3.5
7) If the individual begins exercising 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week (question 6) on top of their current moderate activity levels, how many total kcals does he have to cut from his weekly diet to meet the desired weekly kcal deficit? What about his daily diet?