UK COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND COMPUTING
Course: EDEXCEL BTEC (HND) BUSINESS
Group: Ed excel Level 4
Module: Unit 2 – Managing Financial Resources & Decisions
Module type: Core
Module Code: H/601/0548
Module Credit: 15
Teaching Period: (15+6 weeks)
Level: 4 (QCF)
Contact Hours: (21*3 = 63)
Lecturers: 15 weeks
Support and guidance: 3 week
Assessment and feedback: 3 weeks
MODULE LEADER: MR GEORGE MUWONGE
Lecturer: Mr ...view middle of the document...
Decisions relating to pricing and investment appraisal are also considered within the unit. Finally, learners will learn and apply techniques used to evaluate financial performance.
The unit aim is to provide learners with an understanding of where and how to access sources of finance for a business, and the skills to use financial information for decision making.
• Identify the sources of finance available to a business
• Examine the implications of the different sources
• Select appropriate sources of finance for a business project
• Evaluate the costs of different sources of finance
• Explain the role of financial planning
• Analyse the information needs of different decision makers
• Explain how different types of finance and their costs appear in the financial statements of a business;
• Analyse and monitor cash and other budgets make appropriate decisions
• Calculate unit costs and make pricing decisions
• Assess the viability of a project using investment appraisal techniques
• Explain the purpose of main financial statements
• Compare and contrast the formats of financial statements for different types of business such as sole trader, partnership and company.
• Analyse key accounting ratios for profitability, liquidity, efficiency and investment and compare both internal and external.
Learning Outcomes and assessment criteria:
On successful completion of this unit a learner will:
➢ Understand the sources of finance available to a business
1.1 identify the sources of finance available to a business
1.2 assess the implications of the different sources
1.3 evaluate appropriate sources of finance for a business project
➢ Understand the implications of finance as a resource within a business
2.1 analyse the costs of different sources of finance
2.2 explain the importance of financial planning
2.3 assess the information needs of different decision makers
2.4 explain the impact of finance on the financial statements
➢ Be able to make financial decisions based on financial information
3.1 analyse budgets and make appropriate decisions
3.2 explain the calculation of unit costs and make pricing decisions using relevant information
3.3 assess the viability of a project using investment appraisal techniques
➢ Be able to evaluate the financial performance of a business
4.1 discuss the main financial statements
4.2 compare appropriate formats of financial statements for different types of business
4.3 interpret financial statements using appropriate ratios and comparisons, both internal and external.
Knowledge and Understanding:
➢ Identify and explain the sources of finance available to a business
➢ Assess the implications of finance as a resource within a business
➢ Know how to make financial decisions based on financial...