March 29, 2014
Obesity is a common disease now in the United States, but it is one of the main diseases here in the Coweta County communities. The Piedmont Newnan Hospital has conducted an assessment which addresses these needs and ways to help the people in the community to get healthier.
Obesity problems within the community has been going on well over ten years, but with the new technology and community leaders, plans have been put into place to gather information and start making changes happen. A main concern that leaders have in the community is the ability to make people continue to live a healthy lifestyle rather than going back to their old ways. After a yearlong of research along with two-way meetings the Piedmont Newnan Hospital that is located in Newnan, GA completed a community health ...view middle of the document...
The following is the criterion that the management used:
• Importance of the matter
• The number of people that is affected
• Accessibility of community and hospital resources to address the need
• If health needs principally affects the people living in poverty
Piedmont has recognized the subsequent three precedence issues for the community:
• Augmented admission for essential and proper healthcare for underinsured and the uninsured patients
• Lowered unnecessary emergency department readmissions
• Lowered percentage of obesity and diabetes
Within the next couple of years, the hospital will deal with these issues with comprehensive advances and implement strategies that will consist of the dynamic contribution of a partnership of community leaders and resources. More strategies that Piedmont Newnan Hospital has to address are:
• ER department care synchronization program
• Expanding of the Coweta Samaritan Clinic
• Implementation of EMR’s
• Creating community partnerships to deal with fundamental mental health requests;
• Doing away with certain economic barriers of quality care
• Maintaining financial support to uninsured patients and qualified poverty patients
• Creation of a non-obesity plan that promotes fit lives and ambition to families & individuals that are overweight and who are in jeopardy for obesity linked diseases through nourishment information, monitoring, physical activity and screenings
The community has accepted and appreciates the help that Piedmont Hospital has decided to face this issue head on. People that are suffering with diabetes will be able to get the counseling, and nutrition guidance that they need in order to stay healthy and have fewer visits to the doctor. These plans that they have implemented will not be a success overnight, but it is understood that when they are completely implemented the obesity and diabetes rate will decrease in the Coweta County Communities.