Art as an Expression and Communication
ART AS AN EXPRESSION AND COMMUNICATION
We express our emotional state by some visible signs and activities.
ART AS A CREATION
The word "CREATION" refers to the act of combining or re-ordering already existing materials so that a new object is formed.
Art is a planned activity. Sometimes the art object maybe the result of a cooperative activity, by a team of artist motivated by a common goal, as in the production of a play or movie.
A work of art is man-made, and although it may closely resembled nature, it can never duplicate nature.
ART AND BEAUTY
A thing of beauty is one which gives us pleasure when we perceive it. The delight that we experience is called " AESTHETIC PLEASURE", "AESTHETIC" came from the greek word which means " to perceive with the senses ".
The subject of art refers to any person, object, scene or event describe or represented in a work of art.
REPRESENTATIONAL OR OBJECTIVE ARTS - arts that have subject.
EXAMPLES: Painting, Sculpture, Graphic Arts, Literature and Theater Arts.
WAYS OF REPRESENTING SUBJECT
3 Ways Of Repsenting Subject:
* REALISM- when things are depicted in the way they would normally appear in nature.
* ABSTRACTION- the process of simplifying and/or reorganizing objects and elements.
* DISTORTION- when the figures have been saw arranged that proportions differ noticeably from natural measurements.
* SURREALISM- realism + distortion.
KINDS OF SUBJECT
* Landscape, Seascape and Cityscape
* Still lifes
* Everyday life
* History and Legend
* Religion and Mythology
* Dreams and Fantasy...