MARKETING – 103
ASSIGNMENT # 1
APPLES MARKETING STRATERGY
MOHAN REDDY PERUGU
1. Which of Apple’s product are its stars, cash cows, question marks and dogs?
iphone and ipad fall in the star category as they both have a high percentage of market share and arte growing at a significant rate, therefore, they need further investment for research and development purposes. Though Apple’s iphone has 48% market share but with Samsung giving tough competition it needs to develop its product further. The same with the ipad, Apple has to make further developments in ipad otherwise there is a risk of shifting these ...view middle of the document...
It has around 200 stores providing service to their customers.
Promotion: Various promotional packages are offers by Apple in order to gain maximum potential and to make the company effective one too. Various discounts are available on apple products. Along with this 1 year warranty is also provided on the entire range of products.
3 The iphone was available in the U.S. in june 2007, but was not available in Canada until a year later. Similarly, Apple released the ipad in the United States in April 2010 but international consumers, who were only able to pre-order the product on May 10, were still faced with an “undetermined” lauch date. What can you infer about Apple’s international growth strategy?
Apple was not able to produce enough units of its product in order to meet the demands of the international customers. Therefore, it was only able to satisfy the domestic demand for its products. This gave a boost to apple’s international strategy as this event led to even a more increase in demand for apple’s products in the international markets as consumers worldwide see hike in the demand for the company’s products.
1. Write a brief description of the typical customers in each of the three market segments Apple has targeted with the new iphone. What types of marketing programs and tactics should Apple employ for each segment? Choose one target market segment, and write an outline of a marketing plan for it.
1. Enterprises (global address lookup, remote wiping of a lost phone, network security features)
2. Software developers ( iphone applications, app store)
3. Consumers (general public buying iphone)
2. Some countries are considering deploying iphones to their troops. What types of applications would soldiers use their iphones for? What types of security precautions would the military...