1) Which of the following is NOT a best practice for using lists?
a) Name each list
b) Create interest by varying each entry by beginning with a different kind of word (noun, verb,
adjective, or adverb)
c) Minimize or eliminate confusing nested lists
d) Capitalize the first word in each item. End all items with a period only if at least one item is a
2) Recommended ways to explain how your proposal is organized include a Table of Contents, section
introductions, and what?
a) Compliance Matrix
b) Theme statement
c) Endnotes in an appendix
d) List of graphics
3) How should opportunities be qualified?
a) By analyzing ...view middle of the document...
b) Stress benefits and features of your technical solution.
c) Use facts, expert opinions, and statistics to prove your claims.
d) Create theme statements that help evaluators justify their selection.
18) How many pages of new material should you estimate can be created in a day?
19) Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding trademarks, copyrights, and service marks?
a) They should be used every time the word or phrase appears
b) They should be used the first time the word or phrase appears
c) All should be superscripted (raised slightly and reduced in size)
d) They should be used periodically throughout the document
20) In proposal development, which of the following statements is true?
a) A complex issue requires a simple graphic
b) A very complex issue requires a complex graphic
c) A very complex issue requires an even simpler graphic
d) A simple issue requires a complex graphic
21) Which is NOT a main element to consider when performing the initial price to win analysis?
a) Your Book Price
b) Previous profit margins
c) Competitors likely prices
d) Customers estimated budget
22) Before proceeding with writing the proposal, which of these questions should we ask about our own
a) To what extent have we influenced the requirements?
b) Have we got the right resource to write the proposal?
c) Do we know the competitors and their likely approach?
d) Does the customer have a defined budget?
23) Which is the commonly recognized acronym as short form to test the quality of Capture Plan
24) Which one of the following is the strongest recommendation to consider when writing a proposal?
a) Differentiate your organization from the competition
b) Explain how your organization has completed similar jobs in the past
c) Stick with general statements about your organization’s capabilities
d) Write to the individual evaluators
25) In the proposal editing process, what is the primary responsibility of the Final Document Review?
a) Proper use of the proposal template
b) Approach, accuracy, completeness, responsiveness
c) Wordsmithing, appearance, grammar, punctuation
26) According to Best Practice, who should take part in the Storyboard Review?
a) Appropriate Senior Managers and key stakeholders
b) The whole proposal team
c) Any Senior Managers that are available
d) Finance and commercial Managers
27) Which of the following statements does NOT refer to a value proposition?
a) Specifies the anticipated risk management strategy
b) Quantifies the anticipated business benefit
c) Specifies the timing of the anticipated business benefit
d) Specifies how the results will be measured and tracked
28) For kickoff meetings, you should:
a) Prepare a comprehensive kickoff package in advance
b) Never invite senior managers...