Directions: Read the sentences. Choose the proper form of the words
deer or dear to complete each sentence.
1. My teacher taught me to start my letter to Santa with
2. I woke up early yesterday and when I looked out the
window I saw a _______________ eating our bush.
3. At the petting zoo, we got to each feed a _______________.
4. I know my dad is in trouble when he answers my mom
with, “Yes _______________.”
5. Our teacher asked us to draw a mammal, so drew a
picture of a _______________.
6. Chloe is such a _______________ the way she shovels my
snow every winter.
7. One animal that grows antlers is the _______________.
8. _______________ Paul, thank you for the lovely gift. It was
very sweet of you. Your friend, Lori.
9. If you are taking a walk through the woods you just may
see a _______________.
10. Mr. Peters is a ...view middle of the document...
________________ is your allowance for this week for all the
work you did.
8. My friend and I like to comb our Barbies’ ________________
and dress them up.
9. Grandma said she told me to feed the dog, but I didn’t
10. I have to cut my ________________ so I can _______________
the teacher better.
Cause and Effect II
1. Identify the CAUSE in the following sentence:
Nancy joined the book club because she loved to read.
A. Nancy joined the book clubB. she loved to readC. becauseD. Not here
2. Identify the EFFECT in the following sentence:
Jim burned his hand when he took the lid off of the hot pan.
E. took the lid off the hot panF. Jim burned his handG. whenH. Not here
3. Identify the clue word or words that indicates a CAUSE/EFFECT relationship.
Dad cooked hamburgers and hot dogs in order to have enough for the picnic.
A. Dad cooked hamburgers and hot dogsB. to have plenty for the picnicC. in orderD. Not here
4. Select the CAUSE for the following EFFECT:
E. red flowersF. in a vaseG. outsideH. hard work in the flower garden
5. Select the EFFECT for the following CAUSE:
A stranger came to the door
A. the dog started barking loudlyB. becauseC. dark nightD. Not here
6. Identify the clue word or words that indicate a CAUSE//EFFECT relationship.
Shirley ran out of gas because she forgot to fill up with gas today.
E. becauseF. Shirley ran out of gasG. she forgot to fill up with gas in her car todayH. Not here
7. Identify the EFFECT in the following sentence:
Maria cut her foot when she ran outside without wearing shoes.
A. whenB. Maria cut her footC. ran outside without wearing shoesD. Not here
8. Select the CAUSE for the following EFFECT:
honked the horn
E. Mrs. Martinez arrivedF. soG. in the afternoonH. Not here
9. Identify the CAUSE in the following sentence:
Mom had a lot of laundry to do after the camping trip.
A. a lot of laundryB. afterC. the camping tripD. Not here
10. Select the EFFECT for the following CAUSE:
E. As a result ofF. Donna was punishedG. YesterdayH. Not here