* Charles Dickens was born in Portsmouth on the 7th of February 1812.
* Charles died of a stroke while having dinner with his daughter.
* Dickens had a sad and poor childhood, which his books reflect. He intended to improve the lives of the poor by writing of their hardships.
* Charles' parents were John and Elizabeth Dickens.
“Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
Arthur Conan – Doyle
* He was married twice, and his first wife died of tuberculosis.
- Conan Doyle's middle name is Ignatius.
* The character of Sherlock Holmes is largely based upon ...view middle of the document...
* Huxley died on the same day as President John F. Kennedy and C. S. Lewis, famed author of The Chronicles of Narnia.
* George Orwell, author of the books 1984 and Animal Farm, was one of Huxley’s students.
* Huxley took the drug LSD while he lay on his death bed.
* Disney rejected Huxley’s screen play of Alice in Wonderland.
“Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.”
* Graduated from the University of Michigan in 1938, majoring in journalism. He was a reporter and night editor on the student paper, The Michigan Daily
* First wife Mary Slattery was his college sweetheart.
* Miller wrote radio plays, screenplays, articles, stories, and a novel in the eight years it took him to write a successful Broadway play.
* “Let you look sometimes for the goodness in me, and judge me not.”
- Mark Twain was fond of cats. His boyhood home is rumored to have been shared with as many as 19 cats. As an adult, Twain always kept at least two cats around.
- Twain suffered from color blindness.
- Mark Twain died of a heart attack April 21st 1910, in Redding Connecticut.
“A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.”
Edgar Allan Poe
* Poe attended the University of...