AB299: Final Project
July 16, 2013
Tim’s Coffee Shoppe is located in Sunnydale, Illinois. Sunnydale is a mid-sized city with a busy business district and a large university and Tim’s is located smack dab in the middle of all the traffic. Tim’s Coffee Shoppe is in need of some much needed improvements and needs things to run more smoothly. Some of Tim’s problems were customer satisfaction, employee loyalty and marketing. The following pages have a detailed review of what Tim needs to become more successful. One of the most important things Tim needs to accomplish is a makeover of his human resource program to address employee training, ...view middle of the document...
To thank each guest for the opportunity to serve them. By maintaining these goals we shall be guaranteed a fair profit that will allow us to contribute to the community we serve” (Missionstatements.com, 2013).
There are various things Tim could do to help achieve living up to this vision for his business.
The following are Short Term Goals which would be actions that should ideally be completed within the next three months.
* Spend the next month analyzing the competition and brainstorm on what they don’t offer that we do or can offer.
* Choose one or two high-profile local charity events to sponsor
* Redesign the customer service research process to include new questionnaires and incentives, such as monthly drawings for free products or discounts on future purchases for customers who take the time to respond. (Williams, 2013)
The next few items are actions that would be Long Term Goals which should be completed by the end of the business’ fiscal year.
* To build the company's name recognition within the community through community outreach projects (Williams, 2013)
What else could Tim do to help achieve these very important goals?
* Create actionable steps within committees to break down workload
* Be positive and energetic
* Decide how you are going to measure your success and keep track of it at regular intervals.
* If your company is achieving its goals, be sure to recognize employees that helped. (Slutsky, 2013)
Human resources help the business in many ways. However, Tim has not been taking full advantage of this valuable tool. “While human resources handle many of the matters pertaining to the employees of a company, such as recruiting and benefits management, they also work with management to help develop long-term strategies for the growth and development of a company. HR departments often act as a middleman between employees and management and should be where employees go for basic company information” (Christensen, 2013). According to the files in Tim’s office most of his employees are valuable assets. Employees are a critical component of any business. Successfully managing the human resource aspect of business can be important, even for very small businesses such as Tim’s Coffee Shoppe. After all, in a service economy, employees are part of the delivery of the product and service. Their performance, commitment and loyalty to the job are critical and can be boosted through successful HR management. However, there are a few that need coaching to achieve higher customer service and company loyalty standards, such as Darryl. The files also need to be better organized to achieve higher efficiency. It can become the single largest consumer of your time and energy if you don't know how to handle things well. And, it's still a big consumer of your time and energy, even if you're adept at handling such things.
There are numerous actions Tim should...